Monday, April 26, 2010

Poem of the Day: Jon Pineda's "Coma"

Every now and then a poem sneaks up on you and punches you in the stomach.

Then that poem haunts you for weeks, replaying in your mind like the lyrics of a catchy song.


Seriously. I can't tell you how many months I went with lines from Edna St. Vincent Millay's sonnets stuck in my head. Whenever it rained my brain would start going "the rain is full of ghosts tonight that tap and sigh upon the glass and listen for reply."



Today's Poem That Haunts You (In a Good Way) is Jon Pineda's "Coma." Short and brilliant. Give it a listen (or a read) at "From the Fishouse"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post. Or tell me your favorite movie. Or your favorite pez flavor. Maybe your analytical interpretation of "The Graduate." Anything goes, really.