Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Publishing Online

Recently I read an article about whether or not to post your work on a blog, forum, etc.

The article made a pretty good point for posting your work online....until they got to we few, we happy few, we band of literary journal writers.


"It’s true that the literary market is stuck in the Dark Ages. All of you poets and short story writers who want to strike it rich in the literary journals or academic presses? Sorry!"--Jane Friedman
 Well. 

Like the good little internet reader that I am, I decided to fact check with working poets. The consensus?

Yep. Even posting things on your little old blog can count as being previously published for a finicky literary journal.

Hear that whooshing noise? That was the sound of Nicki deleting all of her poetry from the vortex of the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Yep. Don't care. My blog got me to write again. So I'll keep posting and still be Poet Laureate.

    ReplyDelete

Comment on this post. Or tell me your favorite movie. Or your favorite pez flavor. Maybe your analytical interpretation of "The Graduate." Anything goes, really.