Monday, July 12, 2010

The Joys of Chesapeake Living, Part II: Crab Feast

This was only 2/3 of our crab bounty...but where is the other third, you ask?
Steaming away with beer, Old Bay, and water....
This is our Still Life With Crabs shot. Note the BEST EVER method of eating crabs: soak it in butter, dab it in an Old Bay pile, and dip it in a vat of apple cider vinegar. Sounds weird. Trust me on this one.
I'm what's known as a food hypocrite, otherwise known as a pansy. Although I know the pretty packaged steaks I buy come from some doe-eyed cow (I do buy organic free range no-antibiotics, when possible, but I don't pretend that saves the world by any means), I have trouble looking my food in the eye and eating it. So I take the coward's role: peel the crab with it facing away from me and mutter to myself, "Don't think about it Don't think about it Don't think about it." Really mature.

Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post. Or tell me your favorite movie. Or your favorite pez flavor. Maybe your analytical interpretation of "The Graduate." Anything goes, really.