Friday, November 5, 2010

The Kids Love The Karaoke

The Friday Photoblog will actually be up TODAY, not tomorrow. Try to pick your jaws up from the ground.

--------------------------

This post goes out to all the freelance writers out there. 

Today I'm writing about karaoke. It's not the best assignment I've ever had, but it's definitely not the worst. Hell, I spent the morning profiling a website that sells frozen delivered turducken.

(I was fascinated. It serves 20-25. Costs $136. It takes 72 hours to dethaw. For an additional 3.99, you can add a personalized greeting card. I didn't have to write about any of this. I did outside research.  BECAUSE THEY DELIVER TURDUCKEN. It's the modern version of A Christmas Carol.

Ebeneezer Scrooge just pays some acne'd kid to hop on the interwebz and order up a turducken for the Cratchetts.

...I am changing my name to Cratchett because that just might be my dream Christmas. Especially if it's the Patrick Stewart Scrooge.)

While researching all things drunken and karaoke-y, I came across this: The Kids Love The Karaoke Disney Song

This? This??? This is why we get paid for pennies, folks. Because people are willing to write meaningless keyword-stuffed posts about keywords like "The Karaoke Disney Song." 

But today, I'm okay with it. Because that is the most unintentionally hilarious post I've read since The Relevent Crazy Warning.

Because the kids love the karaoke.

And they are able to grab almost any mimic.

 The kid will not be disappointed by their choice and he will sing all day long in order to impress everybody.

AND DID YOU SEE THE PICTURE OF THE BLACK GUY SIPPING ON COKE AND RUM IN A PURPLE KILT? 

A PURPLE KILT HITCHED UP TO HIS WAIST TO REVEAL GARTERED SOCKS?



If that's what The Disney Karaoke Song is, I want the album, stat.


7 comments:

  1. What in the hell does a black guy in a purple kilt have to do with kids singing Disney songs?

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it's the latest show on the Disney channel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, I started reading it and it stabbed me in the heart. The grammar is so bad and so dull I feel like I'm back in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Karaoke is the perfect tool to be used at home and school because it can improve the learning skills of every child."

    In all fairness, were I writing a review in another language, mine would be WAY funnier. Because, like most good Americans, I only speeka de Engleesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black guy in the kilt is just disturbing. And I love how karaoke is supposed to help those shy children gain confidence. Yeah, right, wouldn't have worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love karaoke, but yeah that article is ridiculous. The photo is priceless, however!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE "A Christmas Carol"!!! And the movie version with Patrick Stewart as Scrooge is THE best I've ever seen!

    My little sister actually owned a little karaoke machine many years ago. She got it as a Christmas present, and rarely used it. I think I used the thing more than she did. Ahhh...memories... :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment on this post. Or tell me your favorite movie. Or your favorite pez flavor. Maybe your analytical interpretation of "The Graduate." Anything goes, really.