Wednesday, February 9, 2011


So remember how I said I was done traveling and the blog would go back to normal?




Yeah. 

I lied.



Thanks to my upcoming birthday (it's a ways off yet, February 12th: same as Abe Lincoln. I think if we had lived in the same time period we would've been besties), I'm off to Baltimore and then the rollicking redneck hills of Pennsyltucky to celebrate my upcoming birthday in true Nicki fashion: by wearing pretty clothes, taking pretty pictures, wandering around, and drinking my body weight in whiskey. 

I do have several billion posts lined up, but until I work out my massive unedited picture library, you're going to have to settle for random Photo-of-the-Days instead of Friday Photoblogs.

So enjoy this morose, Kermit-esque frog statue I found in Boston Commons. 

I wanted to kiss him in hopes of turning him into a moody poet-prince, but I restrained myself.

Because with my luck, he'd turn into an angsty emo-prince instead.


Cheers,
Nicki

13 comments:

  1. He's cute. Maybe you would have turned into an emo frog like in Princess and the Frog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frog is thinking really hard about something. Probably upset that nobody wants to kiss him and turn him back into a prince. Aw, poor little guy, I'd kiss him. Maybe. If I didn't know that he was probably covered in germs.

    PS. I am jealous of your snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does look a little angsty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would like to own that statue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really not easy being green... or cast in bronze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So. . . is this like BU's version of The Thinker?

    I never could drink whiskey . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with the frog, which is ridiculous because I've really been more of the "run off with the stable-boy" type instead of "frog-prince" type. Must be the valentine's virus in the air.....ew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He might turn into an emo prince. It's possible. But just keep him away from blades and other sharp objects and he'll be fine. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Double shit.

    I meant to post you a happy birthday message ON your birthday and here I am...rubbish again.

    I hope you had a lovely day, sweetness.

    *belated birthday hugs (damnit!) from across the pond*

    - B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found my boyfriend! Can't wait for more posts about Boston. Because yeah, I'm kind of self involved like that. And because your pictures from New York were so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drinking your weight in whiskey?? Tell me your a Jack girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh!!! MUST CORRECT!! your = you're!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait for more Diablo III itemsposts about Boston. Because yeah, I'm kind of self involved like that.
    Buy Guild Wars 2 Gold And because your pictures from New York were so amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Comment on this post. Or tell me your favorite movie. Or your favorite pez flavor. Maybe your analytical interpretation of "The Graduate." Anything goes, really.