Tuesday, March 22, 2011

match (day) madness: introduction

Hey lovelies,

Three quick things:

1.) Working on the aforementioned "Match (Day) Madness," a series of posts about a.) where I've been, b.) where I'm going, and c.) why I'm moving forward. Oh, and most importantly: d.) the secret life of the American Med Student. Might be heavy. Might be lengthy. Might involve Jameson's. Not sure yet. All I know is that yep, it's important; yep, it's worthwhile; and yep, it involves hair-bleaching, turbans, and my immediate future as we know it.

Suffice to say that I just underwent one of the most rollercoasterish weeks of my life and now you get to hear about it. If I was musically inclined, I'd sing about it with one of those "follow the bouncy ball" videos so you all can follow along at home.


2.) Unburying my Google Reader, so bear with my week-old comments.
I'm unthawing my RSS Reader...so I posted this pic of Baltimore Harbor ice...GET IT? GET IT???
Oh, just shut up and look at the pretty colors.

3.) While I'm writing and blog-reading like a mad fiend, check out some amazing blogs I've discovered recently:

Tapetum Lucidum

A Lot of Layers

I love them. And I'm betting you will too.


Cheers,
Nicki

8 comments:

  1. You are SUCH a tease. (And that's MY bag, really.)

    I want to know NOW, damnit.

    Partiularly if it involves a trip to England.

    Just throwing that out there.

    - B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading what you've been up to.

    And what you're up to. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get it! bwahahahaha!!! And i LOVE the pretty photo!

    I love reading anything you post -- I re-live my fun single life through you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love you, too, Miss Thang.~ ;-)

    I can't wait to hear what's been going on in Nicki's life.~

    *pulls up a chair and a cooler and waits for the sing-a-long to begin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please no bouncy balls. Kat will just chase it, and then I won't be able to enjoy the story. I say we go ahead and hit the Jameson's while you write... er, type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogs that involve drinking Jamesons are always winning :) Will check back in when you're through fiendishly blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bouncy ball! It helps people in the audience who don't know how the song goes. It's always annoying when you hear something three rows back singing three words behind everyone else.

    But you didn't actually tell us what you were doing...

    I guess we're still waiting. *readies cheesecake* I can't eat this until you tell us. Stop torturing us. It's a Strawberry French Cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy busy! Hope you're having fun whatever you're doing :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment on this post. Or tell me your favorite movie. Or your favorite pez flavor. Maybe your analytical interpretation of "The Graduate." Anything goes, really.